Albom Adventures Media Kit
We represent young baby boomers – some call us Generation J – the leaders of today. Our readers are successful, affluent, savvy travellers seeking adventure, excitement, comfort, and affordability. They turn to us for experience and recommendations, as they know we give honest, firsthand advice. We are available to discuss mutually beneficial opportunities with brands that will appeal to our readers.
We are Rhonda and Jeff Albom. American born, we have lived and travelled in New Zealand (and the world) for the past 17 years, visiting 65 countries on six continents. Rhonda’s background includes journalism at the University of Missouri, a BS from the University of Illinois, and an MBA from Loyola University, Chicago. She is the primary author and landscape photographer at our rapidly growing travel blog Albom Adventures.
Jeff is a rocket scientist with multiple degrees from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). He is our food, macro, and underwater photographer, as well as our in-house graphic artist. In addition, Jeff is our research and technical expert.
We are members of the International Travel Writers Alliance and International Association of Press Photographers. Rhonda is a Lonely Planet Pathfinder, one of the travel writers on MasterCard’s Priceless campaign, and the author of the Auckland edition of the Choose-A-Way series.
About Albom Adventures (our statistics):
At Albom Adventures, we inspire travel through photography. We rebranded late 2014 and are steadily growing with a domain authority score of 42 and approximately 48k monthly page views. Under our prior name, we are featured as a Follow Favorite by Fodors. Our readers:
|New Zealand – 51%|
United States – 22%
Australia – 10%
UK – 5%
All Others – 12%
|18 – 24 14%|
25 – 34 30%
35- 54 28%
Rising steadily, we are currently ranked in the top 2% of worldwide travel blogs on the Rise Global Top 1000+ Travel Blogs list and ranked number 2 amongst Boomer Bloggers at Ranking of the Largest Travel Blogs by Readership 2020. Other accolades we have received are listed on our About Albom Adventures page.
Our primary social media is done through Rhonda’s accounts with follower counts as of February 2020:
- Pinterest: 30,600 followers
- Twitter: 26,100 followers
- Facebook: 3,100 followers at the newly rebranded page (Original and still active page has: 18,000+)
- Instagram: 3,500 followers
What we can do for you:
Let us create awareness and generate excitement for your travel-related services or products.
We do this by visiting, experiencing, and photographing your strengths. We bring this to our readers through our feature articles and social media. Our reviews include our professional photography, which can be available for your use.
We review accommodations, restaurants, attractions, activities, tours, classes, products, and anything else that might be of use to our readers. We are available for single visits or press trips.
Our reviews offer our honest opinions and our unique stories. Our integrity is our strength and the reason our readers trust us. In addition to our blog, we share our experiences in real-time, before, and after our visit on our extensive social media. Where appropriate, we host giveaways of products that we have reviewed.
- Tourism Authority of Thailand, Bangkok, Thailand
- Visit Singapore, Singapore
- FORM Western Australia, Perth, Australia
- Turismo de la Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Cook Islands Tourism Corporation, Rarotonga, Cook Islands
- Visit American Samoa, Pago Pago, American Samoa
- Enterprise Dunedin, Dunedin, New Zealand
- ChristchurchNZ, Christchurch, New Zealand
- Tourism Bay of Plenty, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
- Tairāwhiti/Gisborne, East Cape, New Zealand
- Destination Rotorua, Rotorua, New Zealand
- Visit Music City, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
- Florida Historic Coast, St. Augustine, Florida, USA
Cruise lines, accommodations, and transportation
- Princess Cruises
- Royal Caribbean International
- Turisur Navegando la Patagonia (Cruce Andino) Patagonia, South America
- Sealink, Rottnest Island, Australia
- Turistik, Santiago, Chile
- Saletoga Sands Resort, Samoa
- Papamoa Beach Resort, New Zealand
- Kimpton Hotels, USA
- Langham Hotels, Melbourne Australia and Hong Kong
Some of the Other Travel Brands
- National Geographic
- Chilean Cuisine, Valparaiso, Chile
- Food Playground, Singapore
- CityPASS, USA
- Hoonah Travel Adventures, Hoonah Alaska, USA
- Warner Bros., Los Angeles, California, USA
- Capilano Suspension Bridge, Vancouver, Canada
- Sky City, Auckland, New Zealand
- Auckland Whale and Dolphin Safari, Auckland New Zealand
- Zealandia, Wellington, New Zealand
- Kelly Tarlton’s Sealife Aquarium, Auckland, New Zealand
- Alaska Native Heritage Center, Anchorage Alaska USA