Hey Aucklanders, are you ready for something a bit new and different this summer? Living here, we all have our list of favourite Auckland activities, but today, I am offering you some new ones. There are several new and long-standing Auckland must-do adventures just waiting to be explored.
The first nine on the list are either in CBD or not too far away, while the final three take you a bit farther.
As local travel increases in popularity, too many people overlook their own backyards. So, if you live in Auckland, challenge yourself to check out something new this summer. Below we have a list of some amazing one-of-a-kind Auckland attractions and activities.
A Maori proverb that we saw on the wall of the new All Blacks Experience sums it up:
Strive for excellence. You should only bow to the most lofty mountain.
A few Auckland highlights to get you started . . .
A bakers-dozen unique, one-of-a-kind Auckland activities
Are you ready for some fun activities in Auckland, New Zealand? We live here and love this city. Always looking for something new, we believe we have gathered the best of the unique Auckland attractions.
Most are family-friendly, and we have identified those with an age limit. However, this could easily be considered an off-the-beaten-path list of things to do with kids in Auckland.
More things to do in Auckland
We love our city and write about it often. If you didn’t find what you were looking for above, perhaps one of these other articles might help you.
- On rainy days, check out these indoor things to do.
- If you are feeling brave, check out these adrenaline-rush activities
- Watching the budget? Don’t miss these 75 free (or nearly free) things to do in Auckland.
- Hungry? Here is a list of our favourite unique restaurants in the city, which includes a section highlighting those that do gluten-free.
- Looking for photo opportunities? Check out 15 beautiful places in Auckland.
- Here’s a list of our favourite museums.
- Wanting to surf or hike, don’t miss the west coast.
- If you want to branch just outside the city, check out these nearby day trips, or if you have time to go a bit farther, perhaps one of these adventurous day trips will suffice.
- Spend the night in one of our favourite luxury hotels.
Save for later
If you enjoyed this article, please share it on social media and save it for later on Pinterest.
Which of these Auckland Activities will you try?
For more on New Zealand, start here: New Zealand Road Trips: Itineraries for North or South Island Adventures, or you might like …
Disclaimer: We are frequently provided with complimentary entrances, tours, or sample items to aid in the writing of Albom Adventures. However, the opinions expressed here are strictly our own.