Clearly, a day in exotic and exciting Bali is not enough. Even in the rain, the island is fascinating. For us, it was a cruise port with Royal Caribbean. We docked in Benoa and hired a private driver to show us the sites. We skipped the beaches as it was raining most of the day.
Here are our highlights in photos:
More About Bali and Indonesia:
- There are more than 17,00o islands of Indonesia, Bali is only one of them.
- Bali has a population of 4 million, and our driver estimates that there are 2 million scooters.
- While most of Indonesia is Muslim, the island of Bali is predominantly Hindu.
- Tourism is the largest industry. Bali is also known for stone and wood carvings, Batik, and silver jewellery.
We are sailing from Sydney to Perth around the top side of Australia on the Radiance of the Seas, a mid-sized ship in Royal Caribbean family. Bali was our fourth port, having already been to Brisbane, Cairns, and Darwin (all Australia ports).
What do you think of Bali?
This post is shared for Weekend Travel Inspiration:
1. Link one of your inspirational travel photos or stories to this post by adding your info below.
2. Copy and paste our badge and a link to this page.
3. Please visit some of the other wonderful travel bloggers, read their posts, and leave a comment.
4. Please include the hashtag #wkendtravelinspiration if you share on Twitter.
If you enjoyed photo tour please share it on social media including Pinterest:
Grammarly proofread this article. (Try it for free)