The Waiheke Island beaches, along with the wineries, help to explain why the island made it onto Lonely Planet’s “Top 10 Regions to Visit in 2016” list. It had been far too long since our last visit. In fact, I don’t think we ever took the ferry out to the island but had only visited in the past when we had our yacht. Then we would pull up in different bays, each time exploring different Waiheke Island beaches and bays.
Last week we ventured out to the island, as I needed to write about it for my soon to be released book, the Auckland edition of the Choose a Way series of interactive travel books. Now, I can’t wait to go back when I have more time. It is a permanent home to fewer than 10,000 people, but a vacation destination for much more. Locals (except for us) seem to know this secret; it’s an island paradise. Only a 35-minute ferry ride from Auckland and you can be sitting on any number of sparkling, pristine, white sandy Waiheke Island beaches.
Here are four of my favourite Waiheke Island beaches:
Do you prefer Waiheke Island beaches or the wineries? Which will call you to the Island?
This post is shared for:
Weekend Travel Inspiration is co-hosted by me (Albom Adventures), Reflections Enroute, TheCrowdedPlanet, ContentedTraveller, Safari254, Families Go! and Malaysian Meanders. Don’t miss our new Weekend Travel Inspiration Facebook Page.
Ready, set, link!
1. Link one of your inspirational travel photos or stories to this post by adding your info.
2. Copy and paste our badge and a link to this page.
3. Visit some of the other wonderful travel bloggers, read their posts, and leave a comment. It would be great if you could comment on 2-3 posts.
4. Tweet it and include this hashtag. #wkendtravelinspiration.
5. Follow all the hosts of Weekend Travel Inspiration who are working hard to spread the word on what wonderful work travel bloggers are doing.
If you like this article, please share it on social media, including Pinterest:
This post also linked at:
The Weekly Postcard at Travel Notes and Beyond, Weekend Wanderlust at Justin plus Lauren, Photo Friday at Pierced Wanderings Sunday’s in My City at the Unknown Mami, and Travel Photo Mondays at Travel Photo Discoveries.