Autumn in New England (USA) is a destination on every travel photographer’s bucket list. My last visit to see the fall foliage was far too long ago. Now, as spring settles into the southern hemisphere, I can dream about nature’s vivid colours on the other side of the world.
New England hills are bursting with colour. The 2016 season is painting in vibrant shades of rusts, oranges, purples, golds and vermillions across all six New England states. They call it “Leaf Peeping” season. Come and peep with me . . . .
- New England states include Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. They cover the northeast corner of the United States.
- While nature decides the ideal days, the leaf peeping season runs from mid-September to mid-October.
- If I were heading to the states now, I would pick up a copy of Lonely Planet New England Fall Foliage Road Trips.
- More information is available from Discover New England.
Have you seen the New England fall foliage? Do you have a favourite state to visit? Do you get lovely autumn colours where you live? Are you inspired?
This post is shared for Weekend Travel Inspiration:
1. Link one of your inspirational travel photos or stories to this post by adding your info below.
2. Copy and paste our badge and a link to this page.
3. Please visit some of the other wonderful travel bloggers, read their posts, and leave a comment.
4. Please include the hashtag #wkendtravelinspiration if you share on Twitter.
If you enjoyed this article, please share it on social media including Pinterest:
This post is linked at BeThere2Day for Wordless Wednesday, Through My Lens, Our World Tuesdays, Travel Tuesday, Ruby Tuesday Too, Outdoor Wednesday, The Weekly Postcard, Wanderlust Wednesday, Weekend Wanderlust, and Photo Friday.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Discover New England, a nonprofit cooperative destination marketing organisation that promotes New England tourism internationally in partnership with the state tourism offices of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont. The opinions expressed here are strictly my own.
This post was proofread by Grammarly (Try it for free)
Seven ridiculously simple tips that WILL improve your photos
Whether you shoot with a phone or a DSLR, let me share my secrets.
Subscribe to Albom Adventure's Travel Tips newsletter and download our free ebook: Take Better Travel Photos By Rhonda Albom