I think we just found the perfect shoes. My criteria for perfection has changed over the years, yet Invisible Shoes® meets them all, and not just for me, for they are perfect for my teen and tween too:
- As a woman I desire attractive shoes
- As a Kiwi (person living in New Zealand) I want to feel like I am barefoot
- As a person with a bad ankle, I look for proper fit and comfort
- As a traveler I need light weight, easy to pack shoes
- As a homeschool mom, I seek educational and/or fun (these are both)
- As a consumer, I want something which will last and Invisible Shoes® offer a 5,000 mile warranty
- As a practical person, I shop for affordable shoes
- As junior athletes, my kids run in shoes
- As a mom, I just want happy kids
So what are Invisible Shoes®? According to their website, they are “a modern spin on the traditional barefoot running sandal.” I think of them as super huaraches – my favorite sandal and running shoe all combined in one.
Invisible Shoes® were fun even before they arrived. They are custom cut just for us, so the girls and I traced out and measured our feet, adding dots to mark toes and a few other spots. We were thrilled; this will be the first time that my wide feet will be able to wear the same type of shoes as my tween’s narrow feet. We also had the option of cutting them ourselves. Seemed simple enough, but we went for the super easy – have someone else do it method. (I know what you are thinking, it was a moment of homeschool weakness).
Right from the first moment the package arrived, I knew we had found something special. Three pairs of custom cut soles (two in the 4mm and one in 6mm) pre-strung with our selected lace color (we had nine colors to choose from). We resisted the opportunity to try them on before reading all of the instructions. No we didn’t, they went straight on to our happy feet and smiles immediately followed. As the directions stated, they needed a bit of adjusting to have the string tension right for our feet or we could change the lacing.
So easy, even a teen can do it (without adding attitude):
We watched the simple on-line video offering several different ways to tie the laces and we each chose to create our own designs. We had a blast. And, if we get tired of it, or want a change – we can just untie and start again. Don’t they look great. (Please resist your temptation to comment on my silly looking feet).
Finally, the best part – we can wear them everywhere, and we do. Here’s an action shot – best we can get in this rainy weather:
Enter Here to win your own pair of Invisible Shoes
Now, the real best part, you can win a pair of Invisible Shoes®.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Related Articles and Videos
- The Official Website for Invisible Shoes
- Sh*t Barefoot Runners Say
- Invisible Shoes latest blog post –What A Barefoot Runner Does
(all photos on this page ©Rhonda Albom 2012)
Have you tried Invisible Shoes?
Travel Countdown to the Start of our Adventure: 34 days!
- We have shoes!!!
- Only one more painful travel vaccine remaining for me, I survived the second in the series of three on Wed.
- The girls are done with their travel vaccines.
Disclaimer: We were given three pair of invisible shoes for review. All opinions expressed here are my own.