Last weekend I came upon the most interesting, colorful mushrooms while hiking in Jaggers Bush in Auckland City. Now that I am temporarily grounded, I am really enjoying local discoveries.
If you are like me, you might be wondering if it is safe to eat. Is it really a colorful mushroom, or is it a poisonous toadstool? According the botany experts at Univerisity of Hawaii, “There is no fool-proof test that can be used for all mushrooms. Those species of mushrooms that are edible are known to be edible because someone at one time had tried it and discovered it to be safe to eat.” I have enough problems right now, I was not about to give it a try. (And I hope no one else would either, without knowing for sure that they were safe.)
Have you seen colorful mushrooms like these before? What do you think of them?
Please join us for some Weekend Travel Inspiration co-hosted by me (Albom Adventures), Reflections Enroute, TheCrowdedPlanet, ContentedTraveller, BayEssence, Safari254 and Families Go! Add a link to your travel inspiration and check out some of the others:
If you enjoyed these mushrooms, please share them on social media including Pinterest:
This post also linked at The Weekly Postcard at Travel Notes and Beyond.
Seven ridiculously simple tips that WILL improve your photos
Whether you shoot with a phone or a DSLR, let me share my secrets.
Subscribe to Albom Adventure's Travel Tips newsletter and download our free ebook: Take Better Travel Photos By Rhonda Albom