Celebrating the spirit of giving, MOTAT has strung up their Christmas lights, opened their gates, and raised money supporting Auckland Women’s Refuge and Starship Foundation. The event began a few weeks ago and goes until Christmas Eve, so there is still time to join the fun. All proceeds from the $2 entry fee will buy gifts for children.
The generous and charitable spirit of New Zealanders is one of the things I really love about living here. It’s the people that make this country so special. In saying that, it’s also the people that come out in mass to support the children and see the lights. The downside being long queues for horse carriage or tram rides and even longer waits just to get in. I am guessing it is time dependant. We arrived at 9pm, and the entry queue was estimated at 45 minutes. I would recommend arriving earlier, especially if you have small children. Later is also an option, as we noticed at 10.15 there was no entry queue at all.
- MOTAT is located at 805 Great North Road, Western Springs, Auckland.
- The Christmas Lights event runs from 8pm to 11pm until 24 December, 2015.
- Entry to this event is on Stadium Road, near the free parking at Western Springs field.
- There are several places to purchase food, although most of it is sweets.
- Christmas lights at MOTAT is an event for children, although I think the lights were enjoyed by everyone.
Will you visit MOTAT to see the Christmas lights this year? If you are not in Auckland, is there an event like this near you?
Seven ridiculously simple tips that WILL improve your photos
Whether you shoot with a phone or a DSLR, let me share my secrets.
Subscribe to Albom Adventure's Travel Tips newsletter and download our free ebook: Take Better Travel Photos By Rhonda Albom