I don’t need ten reasons to visit a Chocolate and Coffee Show. The name is enough. It lasts for only two days each year in Auckland New Zealand. And let me tell you, they are two great days for a coffee and chocolate fan like me.
For those who need a bit more motivation, here are ten reasons to visit the Chocolate and Coffee Show in Auckland:
1) Chocolate – what else would be number one?
1) Coffee – if you know me at all, you should have expected both coffee and chocolate to be tied for the number one spot. It was only a few months ago that I gave up an opportunity to go the rainforest, just to visit a coffee plantation in Costa Rica.
3) Sample coffee and chocolate items: with over 80 exhibitors under one roof, there are plenty of samples to go around. I am wondering if anyone else noticed that there are more and larger samples than last year.
4) Discover local flavours: I’ll admit I actually discovered Forty Thieves just before the food show in July, but they are a new favourite and worth mentioning again . . . especially as they ship to both New Zealand and Australia:
5) Support the Community: Voting for your favourite cake with a $2 coin also serves as a donation to the Assistance Dogs New Zealand Trust, the chosen charity of the Chocolate and Coffee Show 2016. The trust “enriches the lives of adults and child with multiple disabilities by providing trained assistance dogs that perform specific tasks to support a range of disabilities like Autism, Down syndrome, Diabetes, Cerebral palsy, Multiple sclerosis, Dementia, PTSD and many other combinations of neurological and physical disabilities.”
6) Discover new local cafes.
7) Learn chocolate and coffee making techniques from the experts every hour (on the half hour):
8) Discover New Taste Combinations: It’s not just a chocolate and coffee show, visitors also sample complementary foods like cheese, ice cream, beer, jams, cupcakes, liquorice, limoncello, and honey bourbon.
9) Taste and then vote for your favourite Kako chocolate:
10) Unwind or let the kids burn off some of that sugar (in this case, the second photo was staged with teens).
Practical Information about the Chocolate and Coffee Show:
- Located in the Cloud on Queen’s Wharf in Auckland, this year’s show is open on September 3 and 4, 2016. If you miss it, be sure to keep a close watch for the dates next year.
- The show runs from 10 am to 5 pm.
- Entry cost has been reduced from last year and tickets can be purchased online or at the door, and there are concessions for students.
- My recommendation: if possible, get there early, the crowds were substantially larger at midday than at 10 am when we arrived.
- They do sell some savoury meals towards the back of the Cloud, and there is plenty of seating to enjoy your meal.
- Get more details on their official home page.
Other Auckland Cultural Festivals I Love
There is often an option for an Auckland festival on the weekends. Nothing can beat coffee and chocolate in my book. However, a few of my other favourite Auckland festivals include:
- Auckland Food Show
- Latin Festival
- Auckland Diwali Festival
- Seafood Festival in Auckland (no seafood festival in 2018)
- Auckland On the Water Boat Show
- Chinese Lantern Festival
I don’t need a list of reasons to visit a Chocolate and Coffee Show, do you? The name is enough for me.
If you love chocolate and coffee, please share this article on social media, starting with this pin:
Disclaimer: I was provided with a complimentary entry, however, the opinions expressed here are strictly my own.