Y is for yachting on America’s Cup Boats . . . or yacht racing.
- This is the real thing, yachting at its most exciting. It’s an opportunity to crew on a former Team New Zealand America’s Cup yacht.
- Most of the time they take out only one of the two boats, but during summer on Saturday and Thursday afternoons they do head to head racing.
- The photo was taken on a very special day, when the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were visiting New Zealand, and each took the helm of one of the yachts, with America’s Cup sailors standing at their side.
Posted for the AtoZ challenge 2016.
Would you rather go social yachting or racing on one of these former America’s Cup boats?
This post is shared for:
Weekend Travel Inspiration is co-hosted by: me (Albom Adventures), Reflections Enroute, TheCrowdedPlanet, ContentedTraveller, Safari254, Families Go! and Malaysian Meanders. Don’t miss our new Weekend Travel Inspiration Facebook Page.
Ready, set, link!
1. Link one of your inspirational travel photos or stories to this post by adding your info.
2. Copy and paste our badge and a link to this page.
3. Visit some of the other wonderful travel bloggers, read their posts, and leave a comment. It would be great if you could comment on 2-3 posts.
4. Tweet it and include this hashtag. #wkendtravelinspiration.
5. Follow all the hosts of Weekend Travel Inspiration who are working hard to spread the word on what wonderful work travel bloggers are doing.
Please share this on social media, including Pinterest:
This post also linked at Photo Friday at Pierced Wanderings.