Last weekend, while the girls were ice skating, I took a walk around the city. Reflection of Auckland were everywhere. It is a great city for walking, as it’s filled with an eclectic mix of architecture and street art, as well as being home to the tallest man-made structure in the southern hemisphere. As we walked past Sky City, I looked up at the right moment to catch a reflection of Auckland Sky Tower, an iconic symbol of New Zealand.
With so many glass buildings in the city, it’s easy to spot reflections of Auckland. The first three photos are shot on a heavily clouded white sky day giving an eerie shape to the images, while the last three had cumulus clouds on a blue sky.
I am still only traveling locally, walking and trying to lose enough weight to get the Intracranial Hypertension under control. I am nearly two months caffeine free and over 6.5 weeks sugar free.
Health Watch (currently walking is the only exercise I am allowed):
Steps Last 7 Days: 76, 947
Total Steps (since 6 June when I got my Fitbit):345,016
Total Weight Loss (since 13 May): 8.8kg (19.4 lbs)
Do you look up when you walk? Which of the reflections of Auckland is your favorite?
Weekend Travel Inspiration is co-hosted by: me (Albom Adventures), Reflections Enroute, TheCrowdedPlanet, ContentedTraveller, Safari254, Families Go! and Malaysian Meanders. Don’t miss our new Weekend Travel Inspiration Facebook Page.
Ready, set, link!
1. Link one of your inspirational travel photos or stories to this post by adding your info.
2. Copy and paste our badge and a link to this page.
3. Visit some of the other wonderful travel bloggers, read their posts, and leave a comment. It would be great if you could comment on 2-3 posts.
4. Tweet it and include this hashtag. #wkendtravelinspiration.
5. Follow all the hosts of Weekend Travel Inspiration who are working hard to spread the word on what wonderful work travel bloggers are doing.
Seven ridiculously simple tips that WILL improve your photos
Whether you shoot with a phone or a DSLR, let me share my secrets.
Subscribe to Albom Adventure's Travel Tips newsletter and download our free ebook: Take Better Travel Photos By Rhonda Albom