As soon as I stepped on-board the Holland America Oosterdam I realised that all cruise ships are not the same. The Oosterdam’s tasteful decor caught me by surprise. I have cruised eight times in the past on five different lines (all 3 or 4 star ratings). The Oosterdam is impressive, an understated beauty, a refined elegance that I hadn’t seen on a ship before.
Too bad we are not cruising at this time. Today was a tour and a decadent lunch. It was a prize that I had won, yet it has impacted my future cruise travel. I didn’t miss the ostentatious and loud decor of other ships we have been on in the past. Take a look at the Oosterdam:
On-board the ms Oosterdam
And then it was over. I could easily enjoy a few weeks aboard this ship. A few hours was not long enough.
- Nearly every summer day a cruise ship arrives in Auckland New Zealand (about 120 per year).
- I could only show a portion of my photos here. The ship has several entertainment areas, bars, a casino, restaurants, pools and a spa. It seems to have everything one could want.
- The Holland America’s ms Oosterdam is a five-star ship carrying up to 1,916 passengers and 817 crew.
- The ship was christened in July 2003, by her royal highness Princess Margriet of the Netherlands.
- Special thanks to Manly United Travel, as it was at their travel event that I won this tour and lunch.