I have seen this blog hop on several of the blogs I follow for a few months now, and finally decided to join in. First, a quick thank you to Viklit over at Scribbings of an Aspiring Author for hosting Celebrating Small Things.
What am I celebrating this week:
- Family time! – I am proud of my girls for making a smooth transition first to trying school, and now to returning to homeschooling. They had the rare opportunity to discover that the grass is not always greener on the other side, and now things are even better than ever!
- Hubby time! – We went out on a date and had silly fun.
- Teen time! – I helped my daughter design and create a sewing project from mosquito netting.
- Travel time! – Big plans all coming together loaded with extended family – I can hardly wait to see everyone I love!
- Sleep time! – I actually got 8 hours continuous sleep last night.
- Me time! – I completed a Photoshop class. Check it out, I learned how to do some really cool things:
I am also celebrating as a proud mom:
- Our 13 year old has just signed up as an individual in the World Vision 40 hour famine (she had planned to do it with the school but we are not enrolled any longer). She will spend next weekend without food (at her age WV only allows her 20 hours) to raise money for children who starve on a daily basis without choice. Each $40 she raises will establish a kitchen garden to help feed 5 children in Bougainville, Paupa New Guinea. She is gathering funds $1 at time with a goal of $400. Go Sarah!
- My other daughter has volunteered as a weekly Pippin jr. leader. (Pippins have a different name in UK and USA, they are the pre-Brownies).
(If you want to help out by sponsoring my daughter, or just see how she is doing, here is the link (every $1 helps): Sponsor Sarah Albom in the 40 hour famine
Are you celebrating small things today?
Let me know what your celebrating this week.