Sometimes the best part of life is slowing down and celebrating small things. I was reminded of that yesterday when we were in the car and my teen daughter said,
- “I’m sorry mom, I should have listened, you were right from the beginning.”
A few more small things we are celebrating today and this week:
- Over the past two months we have seen just about every member of our extended family as we travel through the United States. We feel so lucky.
- I write on the Squidoo platform which has gone through major changes and I finally completed updating all of my pages.
- Several more of my travel photos are now available for sale at Amazon (on greeting cards).
- For the first time in ages, this week my things to do list got shorter, rather than longer.
- I found some wonderful old photos in my dad’s storage locker. This was my favorite. I am the “older” child:
Are you celebrating small things this week?
My inspiration: Celebrating Small Things is a Friday blog hop hosted by VikLit. You can join in here: Scribblings of an Aspiring Author, and I encourage you to visit and check out some of the other small accomplishments of fellow bloggers. Also, it’s nice to slow down, reflect and take the focus off of the giant list of things to do and look at the smaller completed list with a smile.
Thank you Vik.
PS: New Zealand is the first country in the world to see each new day (at least it was before Samoa decided to cross the dateline last year). So, it is already well into Friday in my world!
- To join the linky: Scribblings of an Aspiring Author
- My Top 10 Adjustments to New Zealand Life
- Albom Design Greeting Cards on Amazon.com