Looking back through our 2015 photos, I can see this was the year we fell deeper in love with New Zealand, our adopted country.
Our overseas travel was limited as I was unwell for much of the year (I am cleared now). Plus both of the girls had good reason to stay around. Melissa focused on her final year of secondary school education, and although we continued to home educate, Sarah participated in a photography class at the school.
I would have called it a transition year, but I think that will be theme of 2016. Melissa starts university at the end February (this is the normal start time in New Zealand). Sarah (age 15) will spend the year in Argentina as an AFS exchange student (she has promised to blog about it here). Hubby and I have some interesting travel ideas.
For today, here are our 2015 photos – the highlights (featured in no particular order):
Choosing my top 20 2015 photos was much more challenging than I thought it would be. This post is part of a series that also includes 2015 Auckland Festival and Event Highlights and the best of Sarah’s Saturday Snapshots (coming soon).
Did I include your favorite of my photos? Did you share your top 2015 photos? Are you ready for 2016?
PS: Thanks to all my readers in 2015.
Wishing everyone a wonderful new year!
This post is shared for:
Weekend Travel Inspiration is co-hosted by: me (Albom Adventures), Reflections Enroute, TheCrowdedPlanet, ContentedTraveller, Safari254, Families Go! and Malaysian Meanders. Don’t miss our new Weekend Travel Inspiration Facebook Page.
Ready, set, link!
1. Link one of your inspirational travel photos or stories to this post by adding your info.
2. Copy and paste our badge and a link to this page.
3. Visit some of the other wonderful travel bloggers, read their posts, and leave a comment. It would be great if you could comment on 2-3 posts.
4. Tweet it and include this hashtag. #wkendtravelinspiration.
5. Follow all the hosts of Weekend Travel Inspiration who are working hard to spread the word on what wonderful work travel bloggers are doing.
This post also linked throughout the week at:
BeThere2Day for Wordless Wednesday on Tuesday, Our World Tuesdays, Wednesdays Around the World at Photographing New Zealand, and Outdoor Wednesday at A Southern Daydreamer, Photo Friday at Pierced Wanderings, The Weekly Postcard at Travel Notes and Beyond, Weekend Wanderlust at Justin plus Lauren, and Sunday’s in My City at the Unknown Mami.